Sunday, January 25, 2009

Words

I love words, there origins beginnings, how one thing can mean so little to one and so much to another. Every once in a while you have that one conversation or even just a thought; that changes it all. Like how you can think I might be pregnant, but knowing you are and thinking you are are 2 huge differences. Saying I think I Love You and I Love You, have a distinct difference. Those little things that are so simple but so powerful, maybe even life altering. I guess what I'm trying to say is how easy it is to forget the power that we all hold over each other with our words. That, that one phone call you've been dreading might one day come true the fateful words spoken as you feared. How do you prepare for this, is it even possible to do so. Should this be our driving force to do as much as we can before they come for us. Or should we hide in our securities of what we know and trust and just let life happen to us. I guess what I'm trying to figure out is what words should give the power to and which ones need to be diminished, struck down, demolished, or just plain gone from your life. Can we give or take the power or does it just happen to us. Do we all have a destiny to fulfill or do we write our own story? How do you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment