Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving Crazy!

So my mother decided that this year she wasn't going to make Thanksgiving dinner. I felt that this was bordering on sacrilege, so I staged a rebellion and announced that I would prepare dinner for the family. Every year for like the past 5 or 6 whenever I was home I make the pies, this year I decided to cut back to 8 from my usual 12. Why I always make so many I really don't know it just seems the thing to do. What I didn't realize was what I was taking on when I told them I'd make the dinner as well. So far today I have made/baked 6 of the pies. I have the apple pies left to make. Now mind you the one year I wasn't home for Thanksgiving was the year I sliced my finger open slicing apples for apple pies for the friends who had invited/taken my hint to invite me to dinner. It's like 2am and I'm alone in Alexandria, VA with no car, the metro is closed and a finger that has been bleeding for like an hour. I ended up calling a coworker to ask where the nearest hospital was. They came and picked me up and took me to the emergency room. These aren't even the people that had me for dinner. So finally around like 4 am, I get home. The next morning I get up and finish baking the apple pies. Lucky for me there was no blood in the pies and everyone enjoyed them a lot. Why I felt this necessary to tell you all this I have no clue but every thanksgiving since then seems to make my finger really sensitive/hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment